CosmoLex

Software web de gestión de bufetes legales y contabilidad.

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 335

Usuario verificado

Excellent Cloud Based Software

Revisado el 21-12-2018

Puntos a favor

I most like that the accounting software is integrated.

Puntos en contra

I least like that I cannot create word documents or any documents within the software.

Suresh

Thank you CosmoLex!

Revisado el 01-12-2022

Great experience to support our law firm's needs!

Great experience to support our law firm's needs!

Puntos a favor

CosmoLex has provided practice management support for Suresh Law to client our with with their technology, business and real estate law needs.

Puntos en contra

Plaid integration fails at times and needs resetting for bank feed.

Pierce
  • Sector: Servicios jurídicos

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

This App is Geared More Towards Transactional Law Practices

Revisado el 23-07-2018

Puntos a favor

Cosmolex is easy to use and to implement. Initially, Customer Support was great, but now not so much. Customer support is still better than any other legal accounting product I have used from Lexis or Westlaw, even Clio. The company is generally pretty good about responding to its customers inquiries; but, you typically have to wait about 4 to 6 hours or the next day or two for a technical support person to call you back and sometimes they don't. The billing features are great for a small transactional law practice or family law practice, but not so much for a firm that handles heavy amounts of civil litigation for commercial clients, which requires reporting and data feed back. Trust accounting on Cosmolex is fantastic and allows for contingency fees in PI cases. Overall, its ease of use and simple interface is why we continue to use it.
Compared to most legal accounting and billing software, training employees is easy and they offer tons of opportunities to attend free webinar classes and are great at assisting you in getting your employees up and running. Altogether, it is not bad if you have other software or services to cover document and case management, but is expensive considering its deficiencies in this area.

Puntos en contra

The biggest Con is that there is a clear the lack of usable reports, no way to export client data for analysis and forecasting, third party integrations with Office is a work in progress for 2+ years and Cosmolex should absolutely not be relied on for Case Management in a litigation practice. If you are going to use Cosmolex, I would suggest doing so only for the accounting (w/ trust features) and billing for noncommercial clients. Cosmolex provides linking with your Drobox Account but is very limited when it comes to document management and your space is dependent what you purchase from other third-party companies for storage. We use the client portal for our clients to upload new case documents securely, but that is absolutely those are the only documents “managed” by Cosmolex. Docketing for litigation would be a nightmare if you depended on this software (especially for those that have midsize firms or handle multiple cases for companies). Reporting and data analysis is nonexistent. Cosmolex is absolutely not Microsoft Office friendly and has little to no integration with Microsoft products, despite the way it appears on their website. It will not integrate with on premises Exchange Server 2016, SQL or Power BI so you have to enter everything twice and have other software or services to cover its deficiencies. Calendaring features are worthless unless your firm uses Gmail as your firm email and calendaring system. The calendar may now integrate with 365 but does not have a way to customize jurisdictional presets for counting deadlines like most case management software that integrates with your calendar through Exchange. Altogether, the lack of even usable Excel or .PDF reports is the worst thing about Cosmolex. Report features, including AR ledgers and Invoice listing reports for a client with multiple ongoing cases is worthless. There is also no way to segregate your fees for fee recoverable causes of action, which is required in Texas when you are seeking attorney’s fees from the opposing side. Reports in Cosmolex could not be more unorganized. Trying to pull usable billing data over a period of time longer than one year is virtually impossible unless you want to do it by cutting and pasting from poorly formatted excel spreadsheets, which makes it difficult as hell to analyze client data over a period of time. Overall, all legal accounting software I have seen is terrible, Cosmolex is just less terrible than most. I think we are going to be moving on shortly to something else.

Lynda

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The staff is really helpful and friendly.

Revisado el 12-07-2017

Three software packages for billing, client accounting and back-end was TOO MUCH!

Puntos a favor

Everything was in one place. I didn't have to generate bills in one package, enter them in another for tracking income, and then pay them in two places as well. It is also great to be able to write a cost check in a case and have the expense "attached" to the client's accounting file/bill in a seamless matter with just an additional click or two. We were promised an easy migration with all the support we needed, and that is what the team at Cosmolex delivered!

Our accountant was also able to access the system for his end of the year work and add all of his journal entires and such and close out the books quickly and easily. The ability for us to generate P&L reports and other important accounting documents literally on demand is also pretty awesome.

But the best part about Cosmolex, by far, is their incredible support team. They have never been stumped, and I've done my best to do just that! Every time I have a question, I get a prompt and complete answer, generally by phone, from one of their support staff who know me and my firm on a first-name basis. I don't think I could be nearly as effective in a dual-role position without this software!

Puntos en contra

I can't think of anything additional at this point; they have added all MY wishlist items! I think the only thing they could add at this point is a "hotline" 24/7!

Susan

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

CosmoLex does everything needed to keep our firm under control

Revisado el 19-10-2022

We saw the biggest impact in time and billing -- it's easy to mark down the "tiny" slices of time because you are already in the file. Less chance of not documenting phone conversation or expense as you don't have to exit one program to enter into another.

Puntos a favor

Billing/Invoicing/Payment management and Account reconciliation features are what I like best -- easy to stay on top of the flow

Puntos en contra

I don't have a "least" -- I find CosmoLex easy to use and it does everything I need to keep our office well managed!

Alternativas consideradas

Cleo Integration Cloud

Razones para elegir CosmoLex

Our time and billing program became obsolete and just STOPPED working.

Razones para cambiar a CosmoLex

Cost was the biggest factor.
Mark

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

CosmoLex Review

Revisado el 04-11-2023

In short, while CosmoLox is easy to use, it is not as comprehensive or feature-rich as some of the other legal case management software programs available on the market. If you are just starting out in the legal field, I would recommend looking for a less expensive product that offers more features and flexibility.

Puntos a favor

I found it to be easy to use and the interface was nice to look at.

Puntos en contra

I was disappointed that it did not have the features of some of its competitors and it cost more.

Olufikemi

Very great Practice Management software

Revisado el 02-08-2023

It has been very easy for me to create a matter, do my billing and invoicing, and the client portal is a nice touch that makes my clients believe that our office is sophisticated.

Puntos a favor

I love the instant live support chat function. It helps a lot when i have absolutely no idea how to navigate

Puntos en contra

The pricing is very high compared to the Canadian counterparts

Danny
Danny

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Overall I am very satisfied.

Revisado el 26-04-2019

Puntos a favor

It is Easy to use and has logical organization.

Puntos en contra

Certain features are very difficult to correct mistakes in, and the existing videos and articles are not helpful to me in resolving.

Deborah
Deborah

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Cosmolex was an easy choice

Revisado el 09-10-2017

Puntos a favor

Cosmolex lets me have the bigger picture in one piece of software. I can easily see how my business is doing from the dashboard.

Puntos en contra

I would like to have a report that shows trends and exports to excel so I could create graph charts. It would also be nice to be able to produce an invoice showing the work put into a fixed fee matter.

Usuario verificado

Use friendly

Revisado el 23-10-2018

Puntos a favor

The customer service was good and changes are constantly being made

Puntos en contra

can't make changes to multiple lines at once

Amy

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

Leaving CosmoLex after 60 frustrating days

Revisado el 08-08-2020

I manage 3 small law firms. One of my firms moved from Prolaw to CosmoLex 60 days ago because management wanted to be 100% cloud-based, which Prolaw is not. Unfortunately, my CosmoLex experience has been really frustrating, to say the least.

As background, I have used Prolaw for over 20 years, which performs back and front office tasks (like CosmoLex). At another firm, I have used Clio with QBs for about 7 years with lots of success. At a 3rd firm, I use Bill4Time with QBs with lots of success.

I really tried to make CosmoLex work for the last 60 days. As the manager of 3 small law firms, I am a stickler for efficiency and productivity. Making small firms competitive with larger firms is a big part of my job. But unfortunately CosmoLex was a huge step backwards in that goal.

Puntos a favor

You ALWAYS get a live person in customer service and they are GREAT! I have spent hours and hours on the phone, chat and email with many people in customer service in the last 60 days. It is really easy to get a live person, which is great! And I have been impressed with every single one of them. But unfortunately their answer is almost always: "I'm so sorry, CosmoLex cannot do that, I will add it to the list of features we could add." I haven't been around long enough to know if suggestions are actually ever incorporated into the software. Truthfully, so many features would have to be added to make this a viable program, I just can't wait to see.

There is a robust filter / search mechanism. Literally, those are the only good things.

Puntos en contra

Everything else. CosmoLex is a great idea, but the execution completely fails at both the accounting and practice management components.

Entering data in the software is ridiculously inefficient - from simple time entries, which you have to choose from pulldown, scrolling menus rather than entering data quickly and tabbing through (there is NO tabbing through any data!), to an accounting system that is set up in inflexible, awkward components that make no accounting sense (not a debit or credit to be found), it just doesn't lend itself to efficiency or intuitiveness like most online billing programs. If you are used to customizable columns (who isn't?); screens in which you can edit, print, manipulate multiple items at one time; check boxes to select all or multiple items; or screens that show you totals like hours billed in a day, week or month, account balances, CosmoLex is gonna drive you crazy. It doesn't allow any of the above. There are so many downfalls, I truthfully don't know where to start.

Additionally, we purchased the migration service. Each person I worked with was amazingly knowledgeable and professional, but the actual migration was a disaster. After hours of work on my and CosmoLex's migration team's part, my non-financial data migrated into ComsoLex very unusable. Also, they do not actually migrate financial data. I was hoping to move at least 7 years of accounting, as well as, historical invoices from open matters, but that is not possible.

Marc

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

This is a time and money saver for any firm.

Revisado el 09-08-2017

I was looking for a complete solution to my practice management and accounting needs.

Puntos a favor

I tried various other platforms including PCLaw and Clio, but they lacked in usability or functionality compared to CosmoLex. PCLaw is outdated, slow and not cloud based, while Clio lacks firm accounting functionality and though they advertise quickbooks syncing, there are major issues with the syncing that requires a great deal of work by the end user.

CosmoLex is able to do virtually everything Clio can do with respect to practice management and even has a few unique features. However, where CosmoLex really shines is with its built in accounting system. As a Canadian Lawyer we require certain functionality that our American counterparts do not and CosmoLex has done a great job of meeting our needs. CosmoLex can properly deal with our HST/GST/PST issues and payments as well as offer us accrual based accounting as we are required to use by law.

There is NO other cloud based platform with an all-in-one solution for Canadian Lawyers. This is a time and money saver for any firm.

Puntos en contra

I would like to see document generation (of all sorts), multiple clients per matter, the ability to generate Client I.D. Forms from the contact information.

Also helpful would be the ability to attach scanned receipts, cheques, and bills to accounting entries similar to the functionality in QuickBooks.

Some minor efficiency changes like being able to select certain options when creating an entry rather than having to re-open it afterwards.

Christine

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

By far a much better experience in legal software than previous program

Revisado el 01-11-2017

I am practicing law more than I am fighting with accounting software for lawyers!

Puntos a favor

It does front and back office and IT WORKS. Very little technical support needed on a regular basis. It allows clients to make payments online through an invoice link and cosmolex is partnered with LawPay.
Also integrates well with outlook exchange and all programs like google, onedrive, dropbox ;
allows all emails to be saved to the associated matters for easy access.
billing process is fairly simple
the invoice links are keeping receivables down as client's can pay their bills 24/7.
bills are able to be emailed easily and in bulk;
invoice reminders and trust deposit requests are easily sent out without the need to draft letters individually to the clients.
I could go on and on......

Puntos en contra

Hard to complain about much with this program. It depends on your needs. For me there are still some features I am used to from my server based program that are not availableyet in this cloud based software, but there are lots of things in the works. It seems each month a new feature is released that I had learned to live without or work around. The things I am missing right now are invoices saved automatically to a matter in a hard pdf when initially generated. The original invoice cannot be recreated unless you physically print or save a downloaded copy at the time they are generated.

Laura

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

It is easy to get around the program

Revisado el 07-07-2017

Puntos a favor

I like that it is easy to get around the program and many things are self-explanatory. I also appreciate the tutorials that are available.

Puntos en contra

1. I sat down with our accountant and went through the chart of accounts - we wanted to erase some of the accounts that we wouldn't be using, but the system prevents it. There are so many similarly named accounts, that I am concerned about how I will make sure I am using the ones that my accountant prefers (as an example, there are at least 3 or 4 options for accounts related to payroll).

2. I don't like that I can't select the option to not allow duplicate checks for our business checking account

3. I don't like that when I click "save and next" when entering checks that the program does not automatically bring up the next check number. I have to hit "save" and then go back in and "add" another transaction in order for that to happen

Respuesta de ProfitSolv

Hi Laura. We appreciate your review and feedback. I wanted to take some time to respond to the concerns that you listed

1- Chart of Accounts - While our GL account list is quite flexible, given that we have built-in automated accounting, certain accounts are core to that process and therefore cannot be deleted (fee income, trust funds, reimbursable client costs etc.). In terms of account options, only keep the accounts you wish to use. we offer 4 payroll accounts to cover the various deductions which need to be disbursed.
2- Duplicate checks - you are correct in that our operating accounts do not include the same safeguards as the trust accounts given there is no requirement, however I will enter this request on your behalf.
3- Check Numbers- I assume you are entering manual checks instead of printing them. I do see the issue you are experiencing and will report to our dev team to resolve.

Thanks again for your feedback. Any other questions, please let us know.

Sarah

They are always innovating

Revisado el 09-10-2017

Puntos a favor

I wanted something that combined both the accounting and matter management in one place. What I like the most is the Customer Support. If I'm having a problem with taking a payment from a client, I can get on the phone and have them resolve the issue without delaying the client. I also like that they constantly ask us what other new functions we'd like to see. They are always innovating, and don't "drop" you once they've got your payment.

Puntos en contra

I wish it would remember matter names and auto-populate that when adding a new client--then i'd like to be able to run reports based on the kinds of matters. I'd also like to be able to bulk mail using our clients' mailing addresses. Finally, I'd like to be able to add in court dates to the matters so that when I run reports, I can filter and organize them according to court dates, rather than client name. I like Cosmolex, but it's clearly set up for civil or other slow-moving firms, and not for traffic, which adds up to 10 clients a day and has many matter subject options.

Alyssa

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients...

Revisado el 26-10-2017

Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients down from 2-3 days to 2-3 hours.

Puntos a favor

The ability to add charges on the go is a huge plus for the attorney. He can bill his time while in court.

Puntos en contra

Old client invoices, there needs to be a way to unlock invoices to allow payment on outstanding debt. I've contacted customer service and we had a backdoor way of doing it but the newest update to CL has erased that ability. So now old clients who have no active charges are inconvenienced and must come into the office to pay. Would love to see more functions for old accounts!

Respuesta de ProfitSolv

Hi Alyssa. Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure I understand the issue you are having. Bills become locked for edits once a payment is received (which can be lifted), but future payments can still be applied, as long as there is a balance. You can resend old, open invoices which have a balance and then apply a payment to those whether by retainer, check or credit card. It does not matter how old they are. If there is something I am missing, or you have additional information which can assist, please email [email protected] and we will be happy to look into this further.

Roxann
  • Sector: Servicios jurídicos

• Probabilidad de recomendación 0.0 /10

It is very clunky to use.

Revisado el 28-03-2023

I just plain don't like it. I also use Soluno, it is a far better software. You can easily make changes from the screen you are on. The visuals are far simpler as well. Plus it is very Canadian, and outstanding chat service.

Puntos a favor

It is better than PC Law was. Other than that, I would rather not use it.

Puntos en contra

you can't easily correct or edit entries. There is no clicking on when you are on a journal, you need to leave the screen and go somewhere else. Very time consuming. I also don't like that you can't just "view" reports, everything has to be downloaded and it takes time. When I contacted support as to why there were lines running through my view report, I was told it was a glitch...like really!! I don't find it at all intitutive . The downloading of bank statements for reconciliations is very painful, and quite frankly doesn't work.

Nicholas

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

CosmoLex staff know law and also know accounting.

Revisado el 24-05-2019

Puntos a favor

We simply have not found anything else that integrates true accounting with timekeeping and related legal process workflow. Everything else we've used (I could make a list) fell short in terms of features or else required integration among multiple platforms (at a higher cost).

Puntos en contra

There is a bug in the reporting of accounts receivable that is causing us problems. We are eager to see that fixed. CosmoLex does not seem to have an internationally focused law practice in mind. We work with clients in 70 countries, in multiple currencies. We struggle a bit to make that work well--there are some hiccups.
Most other issues arise because our knowledge of accounting is poor, so we want to do things that should not be done (from an accounting perspective) or we don't know how to do them. Response time on our requests for help is sometimes slow. Our requests for additional features have not happened.

Carlo

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Accounting is more precise and up to date.

Revisado el 19-06-2019

Puntos a favor

I chose CosmoLex primarily because it is both a client management system and accounting system in one solution. Additionally, CosmoLex pays my monthly LawPay access fee. All of this really helped my small, but growing practice save some money, while getting all the tools I need.

Puntos en contra

I had to take down my website credit card payment link, but CosmoLex "prefers," and everything is recorded easier when, you process credit card transactions through their portal. There should be a way for me to accept credit cards on my website, like through native LawPay, or on the app.

Respuesta de ProfitSolv

Thank you for your feedback, Carlo! It's great to hear that you're enjoying all of our practice management and accounting features, as well as taking advantage of our LawPay offering. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review; understanding the pros and cons of our solution from a user's perspective is invaluable in our efforts to constantly improve.

Rebekah

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Made specifically for law firms - cool!

Revisado el 25-01-2017

For many years our firm used a number of different back office software products. For example, we used Easy Trust for trust accounting, Quick Books for financial accounting and payroll, and Timeslips for time and billing. These are all products that run on individual computers. About 3 years ago, the company that produced EasyTrust quit supporting that product. For the last 3 years we have basically been on our own regarding trust accounting. It has worked out okay to date, but at some point we knew that we would encounter an operating system problem or something and we would have had a substantial problem and the program would've stopped working and we would've had no support or help.

Puntos a favor

When we started looking for new trust accounting software, we saw that your product was made specifically for law firms - cool! It also combined trust accounting, financial accounting, time and billing, which was the most appealing aspect. But the fact that Cosmolex is cloud-based, cinched it for us. Because our office manager (who oversees and reconciles the trust accounting -- that is, the software is on her computer) telecommutes from her house. So every time I needed to enter credit card payments, Trust deposits, write checks, etc., I had to drive 3 miles to her house. So being able to do a lot of that work from the office, has been wonderful.

Puntos en contra

Your product is intimidating! It encompasses several different departments and getting everyone on the same page took (and will continue to take) a good amount of time. But your training videos and free support have really helped us. As a suggestion, perhaps transcribing the training videos might be useful for a quick reference?

Kyle

Best User Friendly Interface

Revisado el 30-12-2019

I have a great experience with the program and use it most of the day every day.

Puntos a favor

I appreciate most the ability to correct errors in accounting when they are noticed and the integration with the trust account.

Puntos en contra

Some of the deep user options are difficult to find but this is necessary with the level of customization allowed.

Respuesta de ProfitSolv

Thank you for your review, Kyle! Your honest feedback regarding our accounting functionality is sincerely appreciated. We've spent countless hours working on our accounting features to make sure we provide everything you need in a single platform and to eliminate compliance worries, and continue to develop its functionality every day.

Laura

Love this product

Revisado el 02-01-2020

Love it

Love it

Puntos a favor

I like the Ease of use and customer service.

Puntos en contra

This product is not widely used by accountants.

Respuesta de ProfitSolv

Thank you for leaving your review, Laura! Your honest feedback is invaluable to the continued development of our product.

Yaakov

Great leap forward

Revisado el 14-10-2020

Saves time, and allows use seamlessly from work, home, and mobile

Saves time, and allows use seamlessly from work, home, and mobile

Puntos a favor

A great leap forward from our previous (non-cloud) software.

Puntos en contra

None. It's at least as good as the prior software in every way.

Garth

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

It is a very stable product that is continually getting better.

Revisado el 21-01-2019

Some of the shortcomings that I initially identified as possible deal-breakers have been remedied within the short time that I have been using the product (ex. the failure of multi-day events to properly appear on the calendar system). I am hopeful that the "ease of use" issues are addressed over time (quickly). Again, a very nice product overall, that has demonstrated an ability and inclination to get better.

Puntos a favor

The integration of accounting and check preparation into the law practice package.

Puntos en contra

The calendar is not easy to view and use. Quite frankly, I merely have linked to to my Outlook Calendar and avoid using the Cosmo calendar entirely. The other "con" which surfaces each time I use it, is that when you cycle to matters or clients, you cannot simply begin to type a name and have the system go to the name in the list. Being forced to do a search each time you want to go to a listing is really a time waste.

Stephanie

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

CosmoLex has made running our office easier than ever.

Revisado el 22-10-2019

I cannot imagine how much work we would need to duplicate if we didn't have CosmoLex. I would recommend it to any practitioner, but especially to those who are solos or small firms.

Puntos a favor

We chose CosmoLex for our firm because we liked the bookkeeping integration. The system is extremely easy to use and more intuitive than QuickBooks.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes getting a call back on troubleshooting items can take a day or two. Usually my questions are not urgent, but if we ever needed something immediately, my worry is that it might not happen in time.