Clio

Software de gestión de casos legales basado en la nube.

(1.285)
Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Clios

Revisado el 03-11-2022

Puntos a favor

Clios es veloz,rapido,facil en la carga de los datos

Puntos en contra

No deja almacenar muchos datos y informes

J.P.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Clio is the best option for a solo or small firm law practice

Revisado el 04-11-2019

After 3 years, I am still working at discarding habits and practices built up over 25 years as a practicing attorney to better incorporate Clio's feature into my daily work flow. One of Clio's driving philosophy's is to make lawyers more productive with their time, and make lawyers services more accessible to persons that need legal advice. Clio's focus on providing multiple access points, including mobile apps designed from the ground up with these two goals in mind, will pay off for both Clio and my practice in the long run.

Puntos a favor

The Clio platform is not intended to be a closed, proprietary system. Instead, it forms the foundation for the day to day management of leads, clients, time, documents, and billing, supplemented by almost 200 third party integrations, with new offerings coming on line each month. Clio offers unlimited cloud storage and IOS/Android apps making all of your firm information, clients, and documents available 24/7. Clio continues to innovate and as the leading provider to small/medium law firms throughout the world, I don't worry about whether they will be in business a few years from now. Finally, all, yes all, of your data saved in Clio is easily exportable should you decide to change to a different vendor.

Puntos en contra

Clio's growth means that feature changes must be more fully vetted as they are used by more than 150,000 legal professionals. As they broaden their perspective to encompass larger firms, the pace of change may continue to be more deliberate. The movement and management of files without a third party integration, such as FasterLaw, is cumbersome. Clio's own integrations with Office365 for emails and calendaring remain a work in progress.

CosmoLex y Rocket Matter

Razones para elegir Clio

At the time I decided to look at alternatives, in 2017, the product was getting worse, not better.

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Largest user base and least likely to get assimilated or go out of business, forcing another vendor change.
Lori

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

One of the first users of Clio and still give five stars.

Revisado el 15-11-2022

Overall experience has been fantastic, and I have no intentions of ever-changing software. I will retire using Clio. Clio, along with Clio Grow, has enabled us to develop a smooth process for evaluating potential new clients using an intake questionnaire and customizing a pipeline.

Puntos a favor

It's too difficult to describe what is best, I could not manage my practice without this software. It is incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. I use pretty much all aspects of the software on a daily basis and have been using it for more than 10 years. My practice has grown from just one attorney, me, to now four along with paralegals and clerks. Clio has made the growth seamless.

Puntos en contra

I don't have any complaints whatsoever. The software has been essential to my practice in all ways.

Time Tracker, CANVAS, Rocket Matter y Google Calendar

Razones para elegir Clio

I used these at other firms. When I opened up my own practice I chose to use Clio.

Time Tracker y Asana

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Price, options, versatility, tech support.
Cori

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Not worth the money

Revisado el 08-11-2022

Customer service, while attentive is not always knowledgeable. Today I was told to place a credit to an account instead of adjusting for a returned check

Puntos a favor

The integration from Timeslips was easy. The integration with law pay was simple too and lawpay is the best part of the program

Puntos en contra

Reporting is extremely limited to the point it's barely usable. Everything has to be exported to excel and the appearance is unrefined

Heather

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

I've used Clio Manage for 6+ Years and Clio Grow for 2+ Years

Revisado el 23-08-2022

I've used Clio since opening my own firm. Overall, I'm happy with their products and feel confident that I can get "at a glance" information on my active cases as well as my leads quickly. And, I can dive deeper into any particular matter or contact easily. I do wish they were a bit more tailored to small/solo firm practice - particularly in terms of the time investment in set-up and cost per license.

Puntos a favor

Clio offers nearly comprehensive lead and case management services. Their support staff is responsive and if you engage them in a conversation about your firm's needs - they are eager to listen & learn. Since I began using it, Clio has steadily widened their offerings that are real value-adds. Their annual conference is a great networking & learning event.

Puntos en contra

Both products, but Grow especially, are very time-consuming in the initial set-up phase. Both products could be more robust for practice areas that don't involve litigation. Their support staff is readily available but in my experience can only assist in solving my issue about 10% of the time. Often some features I view as key are not available and it's hard to determine how the upvoting process of feature requests actually works. The pricing structure is frustrating and could benefit from adding a different tier for restricted or limited users (like paralegals and admins). While all the features and new additions are nice, as a solo practice attorney I often find myself unable to take advantage of them due to the time involved in learning about & implementing them.

CosmoLex y MyCase

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Interaction with the sales reps and recommendations from fellow attorneys.
Kathleen

Awesome software program!

Revisado el 27-10-2022

Love it so much. The reports it offers also are great so I can see how much I am earning.

Puntos a favor

This system is the lifeblood of my practice. I am totally organized now and can get an update on my matters with one click. It has helped to reduce paper load tremendously. No need to print documents out constantly. The electronic signature feature helps me to consummate transactions so much easier and quicker.

Puntos en contra

Some of the features are confusing. Sometimes the way I format my matters columns changes and I have to re-format it every once in a while. Also, not sure how the matters are ordered in my open, and closed matters, so I have to search for them - which is not as quick as I would like.

Rocket Matter

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Rocket Matter did not have the functionality that Clio does. It often crashed and the mobile app was not very helpful
Jessica

Clio is my lifeline

Revisado el 04-11-2022

The staff is beyond helpful and friendly. They will even add certain features if you request them.

Puntos a favor

Clio allows me to put everything in one place. From intake, to custom fields, to all communications, document intake, calendering and scheduling, and billing- it is my literal lifeline for my law practice. I can task items to my staff and monitor our performance indicators.

Puntos en contra

My only gripe would be that Grow (client intake) and Manage are separate but they do feed into one another.

Razones para cambiar a Clio

They had me sold on the demo, but really it was other attorney's recommendations that took me to that point.
Jim

Clio is the TOP LPMS available

Revisado el 04-11-2022

After 1+ year with Clio, we have no real issues that have not been addressed through their friendly and knowledgeable tech support.

Puntos a favor

Clio is intuitively designed, highly customizable, and integrates easy with the tools we use every day, including Office and WealthCounsel.

Puntos en contra

Creating custom templates has been easy after a quick look at the training videos.

Freeman

Clio in a Small Estate Planning Practice

Revisado el 04-11-2022

I worked for 2 years as an associate in a small estate planning firm, later moved to a mid-sized firm and worked there for 10 years (7 years as an associate and 3 years as a partner). I then opened my own solo estate planning practice. When I launched my solo practice, I put a great deal of thought and effort into choosing my case management software. I had previously used TimeMatters, Prolaw, and CenterBase, and I knew I did not want one of those programs. I finally settled on Clio, and a year and a half later I am very pleased with that choice. Clio is hands-down the best case management software I have used. I like it more and more as time goes on. The product is excellent, and the company and team behind the software are top-notch.

Puntos a favor

Things I like most about Clio:It is easy to use and well-thought-out, has many features, integrates with many other software programs, has very few bugs/glitches, the Clio team is excellent to work with, they are constantly improving the product, there are many Clio users, so lots of opportunity to collaborate.

Puntos en contra

It is more expensive than some other options, though I have found myself happy to pay extra for a quality product. The separation between Clio Grow and Clio Manage is a bit odd.

Jose Manuel

Clio has it all in one

Revisado el 15-11-2022

Three tangible benefits that we are getting from Clio in our firm are the reduction of the amount of paper that we were using. We practically migrated all our physical archives to Clio. Also, every month we keep evaluating what are the extra software that we were using, though we don't need it anymore, cause the app has it all in one. And maybe most important, Clio has helped to move our office to a virtual law firm. We keep hiring contractors in different latitudes and Clio make very accessible working remotely.

Puntos a favor

Clio is a very efficient management tool in our firm. Either if we are processing a case or working on administrative matters, it makes everything easier cause you don't need to be jumping from one software to another. Lately, I'm more aware that you can adapt all the features that Clio has for specific management necessities. Besides, it's very easy to learn.

Puntos en contra

Still trying to discover what would it be....

Lucas

Automating Our Practice

Puntos a favor

Clio has really allowed us to expand our practice and handle a high volume of clients. The custom fields are extremely beneficial and allow us to track our cases in unique ways.

Puntos en contra

Not being able to set multiple filters when viewing matters, such as two different practice areas.

Jane
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

A great billing software for my increasingly virtual legal practice

Revisado el 13-04-2022

Good software! I find it an indispensable part of my practice these days.

Puntos a favor

Our firm had used Timeslips for timekeeping and billing in the past before switching to Clio a few years ago. Timeslips was simply outdated and cumbersome, not to mention that we had no tech support. After having switched to using Clio, I was able to use the software to email clients directly and have the emails come from our firm email account via Clio without always having to involve the office manager for billing my invoices. If the clients have questions, they will know to direct their questions to the office manager, who is otherwise in charge of general accounting matters. Additionally, I love that I can always reach out to Clio's tech support for answers as to user issues or questions, and the services have always been pretty prompt and spot-on.

Puntos en contra

I remember there were some data migration issues when we transitioned from Timeslips to Clio. It has been a while, but I recall that at least some of the client data like their addresses didn't look quite right when it was pulled over, and I basically had to start over with entering the information in Clio.

Peggy
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Cleo will solve all your law firm problems

Revisado el 22-03-2021

My overall experience with Cleo has been fantastic and has changed how I do my daily job for the better. It has made life at work much easier and less stressful. It has allowed me to free up time that's better spent on creating documents forming businesses etc.

Puntos a favor

I loved Cleo from the moment a representative gave us an overview of the software and what it had to offer. After that demonstration I couldn't wait to try the software. I love that Cleo allows you to customize the program to your specific law firms needs. There is an enormous amount of ability to customize clients billing and matters. I've never found a software like this one before nor one that allows you so much freedom to make it your own. There are two sections to Cleo Cleo grow and Cleo manage. Cleo grow allows you to enter potential new clients and track their progress as to whether they hire the law firm get referred out or don't hire the law firm. It has saved me from keeping up with two separate spreadsheets which allows me more time to work on important tasks. Once in Cleo grow you can move a client over to Cleo manage once they hire you. Once in Cleo grow everything about your client and their case is all contained on their own individual dashboard. Within that dashboard you can store communications their documents their payment transactions emails billing their time they're expenses etc. And because of the categories you can customize I'm able to enter the important information needed for their particular case and it's no farther than one click away. I have to say the Cleo support and help section is spectacular and one of the best I've ever come across. They have a clear academy which offers training on specific things you can do in the software.

Puntos en contra

The only thing I found so far that I'm not fond of with the software is the flat rate billing. Our Law Firm wants to keep track of the time spent on a case even if it's for flat fee. I'm still trying to find a way to best show this on an invoice and after researching Cleo help section they don't seem to have a real clear method of doing it.

Amy

Satisfied Clio user for 5+ years, recently purchased for additional firm

Revisado el 10-09-2020

I am very satisfied with Clio as an online time management option. If you want/need to be 100% in-the-cloud, I would choose and recommend this program most highly to other firms. I prefer it to Bill4Time, CosmoLex, TimeSlips (not online). It also has things I like better than Prolaw (which also is not online).

I don't use many of the advanced features Clio offers like integrations, Clio payments or even calendar, tasks because of the way may firms are set up. So, I can't speak to those features.

Puntos a favor

I like Clio's simplicity and intuitiveness best. It really is the easiest time management program I have used. If you want to get up and running, like, literally, now, you can purchase Clio online with a push of a button and have open matters and clients/contact in minutes. I originally chose this product 5+ years ago for a small firm I manage, after looking at most of the online time management products on the market. I chose it specifically because it seemed the easiest in which to enter time. One of the attys I work with isn't great with a keyboard. Clio time entry required the least amount of effort, was the easiest to navigate and simplest to look at. But after using Clio, as well as, other online time management products (I manage a few small law firms), I really appreciate the easy of creating and EDITING invoices, which I do extensively at my firms. Lastly, I recently utilized Clio's FREE migration services to move from another online software, which I did not like. The migration took one hour on the phone, one day for them to migrate, and was pretty seamless! I've migrated data a few times (Prolaw and CosmoLex) and this was by FAR the easiest. The customer service is always great, even though I don't have to use it often because Clio is so simple to use.

Puntos en contra

Only 1. I haven't mastered LEDES ebililng on Clio yet. At one of my firms, we do only LEDES98 ebilling. If you don't know what this is, stop reading, you will not experience this minor Con. I am having trouble perfecting the LEDES98 txt files and uploading them. Granted, this is my first month of e-billing on Clio at this firm, so I'm sure customer service will correct it for me. It's just that a few other time management programs I have used had no LEDES glitches and uploaded perfectly the first time.

The price is also high for small firms. But all online billing programs are.

Lindsay

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

Great software and user friendly!

Revisado el 21-07-2020

My overall experience has been great! They are always making sure to take the next step in integrations and constantly keep their software up to date and secure.

Puntos a favor

I liked how the IT team literally walked me through the entire set-up/integration. To be 100% honest, they recovered & transferred my crashed billing entries from Timeslips into their system. There are so many positives re: Clio software that I cannot pick what I like most; however, the Quick Bill & Payment Plan features are very convenient. Oh, I can't write a review and not mention the LawPay integration. That is also a great feature!

Puntos en contra

I hate when I am asked for instructions on setting up their client portal because I have no instructions to give them. I wish Clio had a .pdf that I could hand to every new client. I also wish there were more options re: billing history printouts for the Court. This is VERY important when asking for ATTY fees.

PracticePanther Legal Software

Razones para elegir Clio

Timeslips crashed and they would not help me unless I upgraded.

Sage Timeslips

Razones para cambiar a Clio

I chose Clio because of the support team.
Richard

• Probabilidad de recomendación 5.0 /10

Split personality software - two steps for the function of one

Revisado el 09-06-2020

Clio allow you to generate bills - take payments online - and has a rudimentary accounting system.

Puntos a favor

Clio is quite robust with many functions geared for law offices. Much of the thrust is for multiple lawyer offices ( which makes sense) and some also work for solo firms (my office is a solo office). There is a forms component which is poorly integrated with Clio. It does allow you to create an online fillable form - but the steps to have that information fed into your database for the practice is cumbersome and not intuitive. Yo are using two independent programs - which is unlike both Practicve Panther and My Case. In the other two the feed into the database is direct - no two programs - no multiple steps to move rom one database to another.

Puntos en contra

As mentioned, the multiple step s needed to use the forms - and the cost for that portion of the platform - make this a terrible choice. If you want to use forms as questionares and to populate your database - and update the database - by client input - this is definitely NOT the platform to use.

Þorsteinn

clio law DATA management

Revisado el 28-05-2020

Support easy super good. Clio fixed problems with non english characters in days, Timemattes did not fix it in 20 years we have been complaining.
Clio has extremely good search features and all sorts of filtering. For instance universal search that goes through matters, contacts, events, notes, tasks, time/expenses logs, documents content, doc, names, and communications (emails, sec. mess, phone log).

clio portal for clients, e sign easy to make form-documents connects to IP phone etc.

Faster law is a must I would say. To make a great package even better we subscribed also to Faster Law which has done a fantastic add on to Clio. There you get tools to capture your time automatically, the programs keeps track on how long you spend working on case files, e mails etc. in different cases and suggests billable time for that. There is a lot more like file handling, better way to link e mails, save and link attachments and files, you can explore your files on Clio’s serves in you file explorer.

Puntos a favor

For us the program has changed everything in the workflow to the better. In our opinion Clio’s forte is how flexible it is. Every law firm has its own different way of organizing workflow and Clio can accommodate for that, at least our whims and quirks which we have abundant of. The program is like potty in your hand. You mold and sculp the program according to your own special needs in the workflow. The only barrier is your own imagination. You decide how information is inserted, in what order and form and how it is presented. You make your own work procedures. You can organize and make chains of tasks beforehand and set the relevant type of chain of tasks to fit the case you are working on. Then, there and now, the future workflow is decided and set for that case.

Puntos en contra

You can not copy matters/cases and clients. It is not easy to move data fram TM to clio. We decided not to to it. Integration between outlook calander and clio calander does not work, it is so slow it is not usable. But the integration between google cal and clio cal is excellent.

Lawcus, App4Legal, Matters.Cloud y Uptime Cloud Monitoring

Razones para elegir Clio

Time Matters is old fashioned, originally written for DOS and has restrictions therefore. Does not offer any real cloud solution only remote desktope.

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Clio is flexible. Very stapple and predictable. Clio is easy to manage and learn. Excellent support. Handles non english characters well.
Patrick

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Clio, the best all purpose attorney software, bar none...

Revisado el 21-04-2020

Outstanding experience with something for everyone just depending on one's level of interest and need.

Puntos a favor

Functionality is nearly universal while specially and jusisdiction costomization is great.
Easy law firm branding and pre sale marketing is brilliant.
Support is outstanding and the Premium Support even better for speedy, live agent help.
Cost is reasonable and many available plans on their menu of options.
Clio grows nicely with solid feature burstsoften free to it's users.
Excellent and often updated/enlarged mobile App across all usual platforms: Appke, Android, Windows...
Superior online instant pay clientbinvoucing, and client trust account requests
The wide assortment of excellent and Rock solid 3rd party software affiliations is very impresdive.

Puntos en contra

I was fortunate to have free help migrating my existing, Timeslips database compiled over many years but it ain't quite so free today...Also, I'm still not a fan of the communications tools for clients and othes not subscribed to Clio.

Laurie

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Great functionality and awesome customer service

Revisado el 20-02-2020

Clio has allowed us all to access information we need from one place and pull customized reports that allow for better business planning. Honestly, it's one of the most user friendly client database software that I've ever used.

Puntos a favor

What I like most about Clio and it's developers is that when there is a feature you believe would be a great enhancement and you suggest it to them, it seems like not long thereafter you have that enhancement.

Puntos en contra

I cannot think of anything I don't like, honestly.

Razones para elegir Clio

Abacus was too burdensome and very expensive for what you got with the software in my view.

AbacusLaw

Razones para cambiar a Clio

We were invited to their annual conference the year before we purchased it so we could speak to others using it and speak to the developers of the software. We've been back to their conferences several times thereafter!
Tanya Mitchell

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Clio has changed my life!

Revisado el 04-02-2020

My CFO's timed has been freed up tremendously because we now bill with Clio and she does not have to enter time from all users into a similar computer software. We all can work from anywhere and capture our time with the Clio app! Love it!

Puntos a favor

I love the functionality of Clio, and how we can manage time for each user on multiple devices. I not longer have to keep up with my start time for a task, my completion time, the calculation with what portion of an hour was teh time, or completing timesheets for a billing professional to then enter into a software to generate client invoices. Additionally, the billing process has been simplied and can be run from any computer. Further, the ability to keep up with each staff member's productivity is AWESOME! Clio has definitely changed my legal life!

Puntos en contra

Getting acclimated was sort of difficult because my rep was new at the time. The regular support team helped us with the remaining onboarding.

Razones para elegir Clio

We needed the flexibility that Clio offers for billings. We also have Clio Grow, and it has made new client intake a breeze!

Sage Timeslips

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Clio had better customer service and unlimited storage space for documents.
Eileen Noon

Why I find a Clio essential

Revisado el 02-01-2020

Terrific.

Puntos a favor

Why I find a Clio essential Is as a sole proprietor of a small business, Clio operates as my check and balance. The small law firm I was at prior to going on my own used Clio and while I do not use all the features because I do mostly appointed work, the features I do use are essential on assuring me I am on top of my game 99.44% of the time.

Puntos en contra

As a very busy person, what I like least about Clio is it operates as a reminder to me that I could probably do a lot more if I ever took the day or two to get all the educated on how to do some of the things I do in a rather long handled manner. I am 60 years old and have been a lawyer for 33 years. I recommend Clio to many of the young lawyers I know just starting out or only a few years in the practice to help them ensure themselves they’re keeping track of their time, their appointments, their clients etc. I point out any problem I’ve ever had with Clio was quickly addressed and fixed and that I couldn’t be happier. I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me.

Richard

Best Decision I made was to make the switch

Revisado el 13-12-2019

Easier to manage all aspects of a case with CLIO

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, customer support is awesome, helpful tutorial videos and great client experience. I have received multiple compliments on the style and ease of paying on-line.

Puntos en contra

It was not syncing with QuickBooks when posting to CLIO but that may have been addressed recently. I need to check with my bookkeeper.

Rocket Matter

Razones para elegir Clio

Constant issues from an IT stand point. Not as user friendly

Razones para cambiar a Clio

I asked around and even had CLIO provide me with a referral in my area of practice so I could see how they liked it and if there were any issues. I confirmed CLIO was a solid company and would be around. The Florida Bar indorsement was also key.
Margy

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

The Future of Cloud Computing in the Legal Industry

Revisado el 03-12-2019

Clio has been really helpful organizing a small solo practice and getting that attorney up and running, and then expanding their practice accordingly. It's a great, central location for file management, and being able to use Quickbooks and Clio for billing is spectacular. Clio's client support is stellar, and that is worth a LOT when it comes to case management. Overall, Clio is an excellent choice, and even with my complaints, I do believe it is the standard for the future.

Puntos a favor

I really do believe that Clio is the future of legal cloud computing and practice/file management. It's a functional piece of software that allows attorneys and legal staff to manage cases with ease. There are a few things that I find to be useful with Clio:
1. Clio integrates with tons of other software options, including Grow (a CRM management tool). Keeping things "in the family" is really useful and speeds up management.
2. Clio's billing functionality is really nice. It's one of the more functional back end management tools I've seen, and I really like the way it works. You can integrate it with Quickbooks for easy accounting, which we really appreciate and which looks great on the user end (for clients, when they receive bills).
3. Clio sports a really professional interface, which just looks nice when you're working. It looks grown up and sleek, so if someone peeks over your shoulder or you're working while in the vicinity of clients, it doesn't have a preschool feeling to it.
4. Most important - Clio's customer support is incredible. Have an issue? There are videos you can watch, or people you can talk to. They will literally stay on the phone with you for hours as you troubleshoot issues together, or learn something new. Top notch, seriously.

Puntos en contra

I do have a few gripes about Clio. If these were addressed, it would get a 5-star rating from me:
1. Mouseclicks. Clio requires so. many. mouseclicks. It is infuriating at times. I realize this sounds stupid, but over time, they add up. I am a huge fan of efficiency, and Clio is one of the most inefficient programs I've used.
2. Workflows. I really enjoy using workflows to track various projects. Clio sucks at workflows. A complete rework of how they approach them, and how they look for interface with the staff who are responsible for executing, would go a LONG WAY toward making Clio a more useful application. I think workflows are really the topic that causes Clio to lag behind other software out on the market. I would like to see something in place that allows a user to create a workflow, move tasks around in the list, add subtasks to tasks, and assign triggering dates, secondary dates, etc. It would also be useful to be able to assign various tasks to various users. Until that's in place, I'll be sad about using Clio.
3. A central location for performing various functions. Clio does have a left-hand toolbar that allows you to do SOME things, but not ALL things. It would be good if, from the left-hand menu, I could do each discrete thing that I can do in Clio by clicking a mouse a zillion times. Once that happens, I'll be happier.
4. Document management. I'm out of room, but it is not idea. Too much downloading/uploading. Dropbox is better (for collaborati

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Clio came recommended by another practitioner who had gone solo and had a great experience.
Christopher

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

A good product, getting better all the time

Revisado el 21-11-2019

My overall experience with CLIO has been very positive. Having a system that tracks my cases, especially my time management, has been essential. While I don't love the algorithm used in the metrics, as opposed to just showing me what I have done and earned in whole minutes and dollars, having those metrics lets me see how close I am to meeting my goals. And the billing software is incredible and easy to use.

Most of all, I like that the CLIO team seems to understand that there is always room for improvement and is asking its customers and users for feedback, and actually makes improvements. I have been using CLIO for only a year, and CLIO has had two significant improvements in that time, both that were in my view positive adjustments of an already good product. CLIO is some monolithic and static program that you have to take as it is; it continues to grow and improve with user input.

Puntos a favor

CLIO does all of the basic things that a lawyer needs a case management software system to do - keeps track of clients, cases, related persons, keeps a calendar of events, even does billing in all the ways a lawyer bills a client. I especially like the document generation software, which allows our firm to efficiently create a large number of similar documents, motions, and other pleadings for our cases. Finally, I appreciate CLIO's ability to customize fields for contacts and matters.

Puntos en contra

CLIO is missing some things that I took for granted in other software, the biggest being warning the user when a scheduling conflict occurs on the calendar. For a busy litigation practice that spans several counties in my state, having a automatic conflict warning when I am scheduling would be extremely helpful in ensuring I am never double-booked.

One of the things I hope CLIO will consider improving in the future is making their document templates able to be organized or with a search function. As an attorney who works in criminal court, family, court probate court, and civil court, I generate a lot of different documents, and its always a chore going through the list to find the one I need. Even organizing documents by category, which CLIO also permits users to customize as needed, would be an improvement in efficiency.

A final thought for improving CLIO would be in the Contacts system, adding a checkbox to permit the use of a work address and other contact information for the contact, both when creating a contact from scratch, or when adding a new contact under a Matter as a related person. Right now, whenever I add a new police officer in my criminal defense cases, even though I have their police department in my contacts, I have to type out the address, phone number, website, etc. in the new officer's contact. A checkbox would save me a great deal of time, or just add the employer contact information as the contact's work addresses as a default.

Sean

Best feature set available

Revisado el 19-11-2019

Very positive; I love the software.

Puntos a favor

Clio integrates with so much other software to make your life easier that is just can't be beat. Saving emails via Outlook, generating document templates, collecting e-signatures on engagement agreements—whatever you need, Clio has it.

I can also run billing, monitor bill payments, and overall run the entire law firm with minimal effort, minimal time commitment, and with confidence that everything is running smoothly.

Puntos en contra

There are some smaller points that can drive you insane. For example, you cannot customize the look of the emails that go out when you share matters, bill, etc. with your clients. If you—like me—transition from a solo practitioner to running a small law firm, you will eventually need to open new bank accounts. Clio will not let you eliminate the old bank accounts and start from scratch. You can't even force the old bank accounts to be otherwise "invisible" to the system so that you cannot accidentally record money moving into a defunct account. This is a minor complaint, but man does it drive me insane.

I also still want to see a task assignment that allows me to set a supervisor for each assigned task.

PracticePanther Legal Software, MyCase y Rocket Matter

Razones para cambiar a Clio

Much better integrations with 3rd parties and a willingness to continue adding new integrations.