Descript

4,8 (168)
¡Escribe una reseña!
Software de gestión de transcripciones y edición de audio y video

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación
Ordenar por

Opiniones de 168

Suzi
Suzi
  • Sector: Petróleo y energía
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Descript is an excellent tool that is quite easy to use.

Revisado el 17-03-2023

The audio editing and transcribing program Descript is fantastic. In order to clean up an audio recording, it helps to be able to modify a transcript and search for filler words and recurring phrases.

Puntos a favor

I appreciate that it is a software-based service that I can have on my laptop and work on whenever I feel the urge to do so. When attempting to detect speakers, its auto transcript performs quite quickly and accurately.

Puntos en contra

Unfortunately, the transcript isn't flawless. In order to get an exact translation, human editing is necessary. It's also inferior to programs like Audacity and Adobe Audition for fine-tuning audio.

Nathan

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Potential game changer for podcast editing

Revisado el 18-05-2021

The concept is amazing and could save hours on a podcast edit…
but, it just doesn't work correctly...

The concept is amazing and could save hours on a podcast edit…
but, it just doesn't work correctly or as you would expect a lot of the time. Once the automated transcription improves and the workflow stabilizes, this could potentially replace the various tools I use to edit audio and video.

Puntos a favor

The ability to edit an interview or podcast just by editing the text is incredible.
The workflow is fairly straight forward – import audio file, choose how to transcribe, wait…, edit the transcript & audio in various ways, export or publish as needed.

Puntos en contra

The automated transcription is good, but not great. There are always little errors that seem obvious to a human – capitalize the first letter in a sentence, don't capitalize a word in the middle of a sentence, abbreviate doctor as Dr. when a name follows, etc. – and they seem to always show up, even when they've been corrected previously, so it's unclear whether the 'machine' is actually 'learning'.
The app appears to not be built as a native app for macOS which means it lacks certain core features. The most annoying to me is that the window always opens in the default size (i.e. small) and never remembers the sizing or positioning that I choose every time I open it.
The developers are rapidly adding features, but almost too quickly. Once I get used to a feature or function, it doesn't take long for the menu item to be changed or moved (Share, Export, Publish all do similar–though different–things, and have each had their turn as a unique menu item or being grouped together in various ways). I got very efficient at correcting the transcription (which, unfortunately, must be done frequently) until they changed the entire process of editing the transcript.

Otter y Rev

Razones para cambiar a Descript

Descript has the potential to do it all – transcribe, edit, publish – for one subscription.
Kelli
Kelli

• Probabilidad de recomendación 6.0 /10

Best audio trancription for the money

Revisado el 10-09-2023

Puntos a favor

We use descript for two things: audio transcription (sometimes many hours a month) and for text based video and audio editing for staff who are less tech savvy. It works beautifully for both things.

Puntos en contra

I get so frustrated with the CONSTANT moving around of features and the sunsetting of classic might even make us switch projects. The editing aspect especially, we use it because it makes sense for folks who are more word (rather than visually) focused and for less tech savvy employees who just need to take out a word here or there or trim a video. The constant messing around with the environment confuses folks!

Amelia
  • Sector: Educación superior
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

An Interface That Brings Editing to All!

Revisado el 19-05-2021

The ability to edit the transcript and audio and visual simultaneously saves HOURS of time, and allows me to pull off large-scale projects on a tight timeline without working over hours. SO easy to integrate into accessibility initiatives with the .srt exports directly from the transcripts. The automatic removal of filler words and inclusion of multiple speaker tags are fantastic features.

Puntos a favor

This software utilizes the experience of using a word processor, and harnesses it to help make an editing process that is intuitive, easy, and efficient. This makes it a time saver for me, and I have been able to teach non-design and non-tech colleagues how to use it in order to share the production work across various projects with ease.

Puntos en contra

Initially, the transcript and audio functions worked excellently, while the video was still a but rough. Now, though, Descript has spent several months upgrading and updating their platform so that the video editing is much more seamless and more can be done through the platform to produce great videos. The overdub is clever and helpful, but requires quite a bit of honing to get high-quality results.

Bryan
  • Sector: Ropa y moda

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Makes editing a podcast so much easier!

Revisado el 23-06-2021

It's been great. We started a podcast with no background in audio production and were doing fine with Audacity, but Descript just changed what we felt we could do, and how much time it takes to do it. I've recommended it to many people already and I expect I'll recommend it to many more.

Puntos a favor

It's very easy to use as a novice. There are lots of functionality buried within that I know I'm not utilizing, but I don't need it to get my job done. I love the ability to edit the audio by editing text and adding music onto my podcast voice files is straightforward. This is by far the easiest editing tool I've tried.

Puntos en contra

There are lots of features that I know exist but that I don't see or that I don't know how or when I should use them. This is on me to learn, but I do wish tools would provide access to mini-tutorials from within the main workspace so that when you are working you could better identify whether that functionality you've never used might help to solve your problem.

Chelsey
  • Sector: Servicios individuales y familiares
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Makes editing my podcast a breeze!

Revisado el 18-05-2021

Overall experience has been a breeze. So grateful for Descript. Makes editing audio simple and fast.

Puntos a favor

I love that I can basically edit my podcast episodes by working with what is essentially a word doc. The auto transcriptions are super helpful for pulling quote, clips, and soundbites - especially if I ever go back through and just want to skim the content (without having to listen for a specific section of the episode.

Puntos en contra

I don't have many cons to share. If I were using the transcripts as part of my finished product I might like them to be a bit more accurate, but it looks like there are frequent updates to make them more and more spot on (with easy enough features to customize and dial in the exact transcript where needed).

Audacity

Razones para cambiar a Descript

The transcript feature won me over immediately. Plus the overdub functionality, which I haven't needed to use yet but am very fascinated by.
Tom

Tom’s review

Puntos a favor

It takes a completely unique approach to media editing, with the content and concept as focus instead of just abstract files.

Puntos en contra

When I get used to a function it changes quickly with updates affecting work flow. However sometimes the changes are easier.

Denys
  • Sector: Formación profesional y coaching

Making Podcasts and YouTube Video

Revisado el 17-06-2021

Descript was the tool that allowed me to go from an audio only podcast to video podcast.

Puntos a favor

Ease of editing by working with the transcript and not the video & audio only.

Puntos en contra

The continual updates. Seriously this has got to stop. Every single week a button has moved or been added or changed shape. Please stop. I would pay triple to stop the changes.

Chris
  • Sector: Servicios para el consumidor
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Take the frustration out of audio/video editing.

Revisado el 28-07-2021

Puntos a favor

I love that Descript makes editing video and audio content so easy. And the transcriptions are so accurate it's scary! This software has saved me countless hours but more importantly removes so many barriers that keep people from getting started with creating video and audio content.

Puntos en contra

The editor UI is a bit clunky and compressed, I feel like the editor area should be larger which might make it even easier to use.

Final Cut Pro

Razones para cambiar a Descript

Ease of use. And more adequate for what we're doing with our content.
Jes
Jes

• Probabilidad de recomendación 7.0 /10

Missing link software - hope it sticks to its strengths!

Revisado el 22-06-2021

I love descript (although less than I did since the video editing features were added)
Descript...

Descript solves several problems for me. It helps both me and my clients go through interviews more quickly and accurately - and helps with dialogue choices early on in an edit. The compilations I make in Descript I can recreate easily and quickly in Premiere. And then at the end of my process I can output with subtitles - accurately and easily. If I am making animations then I can get accurately time-stamped voice recordings and generate audiograms which make it easy to time the animations precisely.

Puntos a favor

The product is pretty easy to use straight off the bat but its when you get the transcripts back that things really get interesting. The way the text and audio/video files are linked is totally special. You can change one and the other follows. You can copy and paste text and the media comes along too. Once you've compiled your rough you can export

Puntos en contra

Software feels a bit slower and bloated now due to the addition of the editing features - and a bit more sensitive to handle. I have to be more accurate when I click!

Heather
  • Sector: Contabilidad

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Do You Edit? This Software Will Change Your Life!

Revisado el 15-06-2021

I LOVE this product. I tell everyone I know with a podcast to use this software. It seriously has changed my life. I'm able to edit much quicker and can cut and paste easily by viewing the text.

Puntos a favor

Taking out filler words takes only a few seconds - this is an amazing feature that can save HOURS of time. Not only does it work for audio, but the video is nearly seamless when using this feature.

Puntos en contra

Due to it being on the cloud, the video is slow to respond when editing.

Adobe Audition

Razones para elegir Descript

The text features

Razones para cambiar a Descript

I still use these other products for recording and final editing where I compile the podcast, but for editing audio this is my prefered platform.
Juma

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

One of most powerful tools for video creation

Revisado el 18-05-2021

Captioning for one. Transcripts for content repurposeing. Fast video output.

Captioning for one. Transcripts for content repurposeing. Fast video output.

Puntos a favor

I got this tool for captioning initially, now I use it for all my videos. It's easy to use and the support was good. I also found creative ways to use the timeline to animate images. The control over audio gain, compression etc.

Puntos en contra

No COPY and PASTE function for video clips.
How clips are pinned is still a bit of a mystery to me.
Inability to save editing templates.
No green screen support.
Why do clips shorten from the back?

andrea
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años

mind blowing functionality

Revisado el 28-01-2021

Hands down the easiest video and text editor out there. features are mindblowing and makes editing fast and convenient. I recommend this for any video and podcasting editors.

Puntos a favor

love that the transcripts are very accurate
the product has so many features and i am learning new features everyday
love that i can eliminate 4-5 pieces of software
love that i can create audio grams
very easy for editing text and video

Puntos en contra

there are so many features, it does have a long learning curve with some of its functions
the demo videos are a little confusing and I had to watch them a few times to figure out how exactly to do certain things.

Daniel
  • Sector: Producción audiovisual

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Transformative product with lots of bugs to work through

Revisado el 17-06-2021

We save tons of time with Descript. It also helps us collaborate as producers (it's so easy to jump into a project and help with a specific subtask). It also helps us collaborate with external stakeholders, like clients or consultants. They can see the progress, provide feedback in a simple way and even write into it if we give them that access.

Puntos a favor

Editing text instead of audio has revolutionized my company's workflow. We make podcasts and it has saved us tons of time to use Descript for highly produced shows. It doesn't really help with weekly shows that require minimal editing and fast turnarounds. But for months-long narrative projects, it is so incredibly easy to edit text linked to audio and then script around that. We then export to Audition or Protools to mix and score. But having this step along the way saves many hours of time and improved collaboration with internal and external people.

Puntos en contra

It's really buggy! Things stop working frequently. Then Descript fixes it. Then there's another bug. I have faith that they'll get to a point where I'm not running into bugs every week or every few days, but it is frustrating for now.

Alice
Alice
  • Sector: Software informático
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Descript is the only video editing software you will ever need.

Revisado el 15-04-2022

Puntos a favor

I'm not a video editor by any means. In fact, I've been using all sorts of different software over the past few years and I just didn't find anything that was really easy to use -- until Descript.

As somebody who is a heavy content creator, I needed to start creating video content and it was really hard because I had to rely on others to edit the videos for me. Now with Descript I can do it myself which is super powerful and saves a lot of time. My favorite features are "shorten word gaps" and "remove filler words". Everybody thinks I'm a magician when I show the my videos post-production.

Descript has changed the entire scope of my work and how I do my job. It's much easier than any other software tool that I've used. I love how easy it is to use, the interface is very intuitive, it's very quick and simple. My friends and teams love Descript too.

Don't be scared! All you need to do is upload your original video or record a video directly in the software and then edit it out later or add text or change the voice if you want. It's really great.

I also love the collaboration aspect of Descript.

Puntos en contra

It takes a LONG time to download high-quality videos.

Richard
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Fantastic Must Have Software!

Revisado el 23-06-2021

Overall the experience is extremely positive, so much so I now use this software daily. The business benefits to me are astounding, allowing me to transcribe, overdub and use the many features on descript to make my life easier, make me more productive and increase my efficiency.

Puntos a favor

Transcription, text search, the ability to use the software effortlessly means this is a crucial piece of software to me both personally and professionally. I love the feature of after transcription, clicking on a word and playing the video from there, such a simple feature but I am sure was very hard to implement from a programming perspective.

Puntos en contra

I think it would be great to see a thumbnail overview of projects currently being worked on, having that option as well as list view would be very helpful to me. Sometimes the software can be buggy in terms of asking something to be transcribed and it says this cannot be completed at this time. The other thing I like least is after you've imported multiple files and transcribed them, the software can re-order them, then the videos and transcription are out of sequence, there is no easy way to re-order them and get them to where you want them to be.

Monico
  • Sector: Fotografía
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 1-5 meses

Video interviews made easy

Revisado el 19-05-2021

I used descript to build scripts from video interviews on a few jobs so far. I love removing filler words, “um’s” and “a”s.

Building scripts from transcription services is great, but you still have to mark with a time code and match clips to get the work done.

I love theses of exporting the xml and seeing my work in Final Cuts after editing in descript. Saves me hours.

Puntos a favor

The difference Descript has over other transcription services is that you can
1. Create variations by making different projects
2. Export XML to Final Cut or Premier for an edited version that speeds up workflow for interviews and the spoken word.

Learning the software is pretty straight forward and they have great tutorials when you run into a snag.

Descript has been a game changer for my corporate and personal profile video workflow. I share the script with my client and ask them to highlight stuff they want me to try and keep in their spoken word. When I’m done putting a rough together, I send them a link from the site. Super easy and looks really professional.

Puntos en contra

I can’t really say there are any con’s at the moment. This software tops the other transcription services that I was using and wouldn’t go back because of the features and cost of descript.

Matthew
  • Sector: Servicios financieros
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

A Work Of Genius In Progress

Revisado el 20-05-2021

Honestly, I don't know how I would do what I do without it. My one regret is I didn't discover it sooner. Not only is it a great product, but it's constantly getting better. It's exciting to be a part of!

Puntos a favor

It does so many things that I need it to do. It handles the end-to-end process of recording, editing, polishing and presenting audio and visual self-created media, and does it with class.
The 'hook' that originally set me on to the software was the functionality of being able to edit text and have the audio automatically edited. Previously I was using standard audio editing software, and because I do a lot of editing (mid sentence edits, changing the location of words) I would probably have had a breakdown if I hadn't found Descript.

Puntos en contra

I think it's not quite right to describe these as 'cons' as the software is continually being updated, and users finding areas for improvement is part of the process.
As you use the software more, you discover things that you would like to have differently. For example, at the moment, you can't pause the Screen Recorder - not a massive issue because you can delete gaps automatically - but still something that should be fairly easy to add.
These issues don't bother me, because I know I can send an email and there is a high likelihood that the issue will be fixed.

Cardinal

Versatile - we use Descript for everything

Revisado el 23-06-2021

Descript is my #1. We use it for making training videos, editing podcasts, recording client meetings, writing website copy… the list goes on. I am always recommending it to my friends.

Puntos a favor

I love how I can edit the text and that changes the audio and video along with it.

Puntos en contra

Doing more complicated video editing can get a little clunky but that is perhaps just due to user error.

Mark
  • Sector: Producción audiovisual
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Game Changing Audio Editor

Puntos a favor

Descript has changed how I work in documentary audio. It's so much faster and easier to try new story ideas, pull selects, and get a rough mix ready. I've used the app since pre-release in 2017, and they've added great new features at a relentless pace. I can't imagine working without a tool like Descript.

Puntos en contra

With new features, the app has gotten more sluggish and more cluttered. Writing text makes my laptop get extremely hot and the fans rev up. I can't work for long on battery power. A release focused on speed, stability, resource efficiency, and cleaning up the interface is sorely needed.

Alan

Descript - Saves You Time and Money

Revisado el 17-06-2021

This has been a huge time saver in that I no longer have to outsource the audio and video editing....

Also, using the screen recording feature allows me to communicate what is on my screen. I can edit the ums and ahs out and clean up the recording before I share the video with team members or clients. This saves time in having to type out what a tricky customer service type problem might entail.

Puntos a favor

I really like that as a person with no audio or video editing experience, I can create useable short audio and video content for social media, websites and for sharing information. I no longer have to outsource this editing work to Fivrr.

Puntos en contra

As the product grows and more features are added, it become harder to learn the system if you have no editing background.

Sharon Lesego
  • Sector: Software informático
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 10.000+ empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Prueba gratis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Descript has made transcription better

Revisado el 12-05-2022

Puntos a favor

The features i liked about Descript are,
-it has a automatic speech to text.
-you can also change settings to suit what's best for the user
- it's friendly user
- one can edit videos as well
- it has different variety options in one software which makes it accessible
- fike documents are kept safe and its a trustworthy software which i would recommend to a beginner who doesn't know and wants to learn how to transcribe
- and also there are mini courses so one can understand the software better for which ii think it's a great feature to have.

Puntos en contra

It tends to mulfunction which makes it difficult to use
Tye software can sometimes crash due to having more users on the software which i believe it has to be taken into consideration, considering that its a used software all around

Lisa

Gamechanger towards efficiency

Revisado el 19-05-2021

Overall, Descript has made our podcast work flow tons more efficient and can't express how grateful I am for this because podcasting is sooooo much work for a solo practice who doesn't have the budget to farm anything out (except to my husband occasionally, as he's willing and free labor!).

Puntos a favor

I adore that we can edit our podcast audio and transcript at the same time with Descript! Saves soooo much time. Love that they also make such regular improvements based on customer needs. Great customer service, great product!

Puntos en contra

It sometimes is a little glitchy/laggy the longer I'm working in it, but a restart usually fixes it

Kip
  • Sector: Recursos Humanos

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Descript is an outstanding platform to create transcripts and edit video

Revisado el 23-06-2021

I use it in my coaching business as well as the VC business I work on.

I use it in my coaching business as well as the VC business I work on.

Puntos a favor

Descript is very easy to learn how to use. Just drag a Zoom file over to "New Project" and you're underway. It will identify the individual voices as well as create an "instant" transcript. I especially like the features which get rid of the voice gaps and the unnecessary words (um...like...you know...). Editing is also quite easy to learn and do.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes the voice recognition doesn't get it right the first time - it would be nice to have a "do over" button to try it again. Other than that, this is an outstanding program I use on a regular basis.

Deborah
  • Sector: Aprendizaje en línea
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Great tool to have

Revisado el 18-08-2023

I like the software so much it makes my work easy

I like the software so much it makes my work easy

Puntos a favor

Editing and text to speech, the voice are realistic enough to be used with sounding robotic

Puntos en contra

Nothing, I like everything about it plus it is regularly updated