NGS-IQ

Solución de consultas, analíticas y creación de informes para empresas

Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente
5/5

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación

Opiniones de 9

Robert D.
  • Industry: Dispositivos médicos
  • Company size: 1.001-5.000 empleados
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 6-12 meses

NGS-IQ Review

Revisado el 20-12-2019

NGS customer support is the most responsive and helpful of any support team for any software company that I have encountered in my career.

Puntos a favor

I am new to the AS400/System-i environment. I appreciate how easy NGS-IQ makes it to query files in the system. The green-screen interface is good, but the separate desktop GUI client is even better. I can quickly develop a query and publish it to production. Using the web-interface my users have access to the query immediately. I am able to let them self-serve results from our 40+ year old system.

Puntos en contra

Maybe I just haven't found it yet, but it would be nice to be able to write ANSI-standard SQL if it would be quicker. Also to do sub-queries without having to write and link two separate queries.

Shawn A.
  • Industry: Hospital y atención sanitaria
  • Company size: 51-200 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

A great tool for extracting and sharing data

Revisado el 19-12-2019

Puntos a favor

NGS-IQ works and works well. I've used the product to write literally hundreds of reports in the 10+ years that I have been a user. We have built significant business processes out of the data that we are able to extract from our system with this product. The ease of getting data out of our IBM database and out to Excel where it can be shared with coworkers or clients is fantastic. The product works well and is very well supported in the rare case that there is a problem. The regular, free training webinars offered are invaluable to picking up and learning more about the capabilities.

Puntos en contra

No real major complaints or issues, the one thing that we kind of struggled with at first was that reports needed to be copied for each base library that we want to report for. We checked at the time and there was an add on module that would have helped with that, but we chose not to pursue it.

Christopher R.
  • Industry: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro

Data Insight on Demand

Revisado el 16-03-2021

Really enjoyable! The product has a number of features that make it easy to analyze, distribute, and update your data in a variety of formats. And, again, their customer support is outstanding!

Puntos a favor

I love how approachable NGS-IQ makes your data! The user interface is really friendly and helps readily display the way you're linking the information between files and creating relationships for your data. Another greatly appreciated feature is the versatility you have to define your own custom fields. You can build really complex logical relationships for your data sets in a separate window that doesn't then bog down the body of your query and make it much easier to understand what you and your colleagues are doing. Last thing - the customer support is superb! You can call or email them anytime and if you're doing so during their business hours, you'll usually connect with an actual person that's genuinely curious about what you're trying to achieve with your query. They'll even go so far as to ask you to send over your entire query definition so they can scrutinize it and work out whatever strange kink you may not even realize is causing the issue. Truly a great product with an even greater user-support team!

Puntos en contra

The only thing I can think of (and I may just have not figured it out yet) is there doesn't seem to be a quick/easy way to view the contents of a table/file. You usually have to run a generic "show all" type query, which requires selecting the file you want, re-compile the query with said file selected, then running your updated query so you can see a sample of what you're working with; no "right-click->View" option.

Duane D.
  • Industry: Automatización industrial
  • Company size: 201-500 empleados

Revisado el 06-02-2020

we have many queries and have been using the product for over 20 years

Puntos a favor

Ease of use, creating reports on the fly. allowing other users to create reports and taking programming request away fron our RPGLE programmers. Support is awesome

Puntos en contra

not having a listing of new features. documentation of changes and new features.

Van T.
  • Industry: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro

NGS-IQ

Revisado el 06-02-2020

Many users express that they love to run queries using NGS because it is easy, fast, and outputs reports to Excel.

Puntos a favor

Both IQ Client and Qport. We don't use Smartview very often but I think it is also a good tool.

Puntos en contra

Over all I like this software a lot; there are some great functions in the software but I have to learn the syntax in order to use them such as SKIP, PREVIOUS, ect...

Roger N.
  • Industry: Automatización industrial

Reports for IBM iSeries

Revisado el 10-02-2020

I use NGS-IQ daily and is used create reports and database tables

Puntos a favor

The software is very compatible with our need for reporting

Puntos en contra

How to navigate around the application, using the different function key caused a slight learning curve.

Patrick O.
  • Industry: Empleo y contratación
  • Company size: 1.001-5.000 empleados

NGS Qport Office Review

Revisado el 26-02-2020

Puntos a favor

I can check my queries almost instantaneously and it moves the data from the AS400 to Excel beautifully.

Puntos en contra

There are no cons. This software works perfectly.

Pamela B.
  • Industry: Tecnología y servicios de la información
  • Company size: 2-10 empleados

Versatile Report Writing

Revisado el 30-03-2021

I love using NGS-IQ. I can run a variety of types of reports to whatever output I want. It is a great product.

Puntos a favor

I most love the report customization options. I can move data and totals wherever I want on the report. I like that ability to customize the page headers and footers when outputting to PDF.

Puntos en contra

I do not like the UI look of the software screens. The whole field is grey with no contrast for the tab you are working on. I would love to see more prominent buttons and sizable text.

Adam F.
  • Industry: Hospital y atención sanitaria
  • Company size: 10.000+ empleados

Leaves IBM Query in the Dust

Revisado el 08-02-2020

Ability to link queries
Ability to email results automatically
'Memory' for joined fields

Puntos en contra

Some error messages could be more helpful
The need to delete output files if they don't match could be improved to have the program perform that funtion