1Password

Administrador de contraseñas para empresas y familias

(1.622)
Relación calidad-precio
Funciones
Facilidad de uso
Asistencia al cliente

Un ha recomendado esta aplicación

Opiniones de 1622

Mariana G.
  • Industry: Restaurantes
  • Software usado A diario durante Prueba gratis

• Probabilidad de recomendación 8.0 /10

La APP es muy util.

Revisado el 23-03-2021

Esta aplicación resuelve un problema de seguridad pues te permite mantener tu información de accesos actualizada en un lugar seguro.

Puntos a favor

Desde hace varios años vengo utilizando la 1password para celulares en su versión APP. Me ha parecido una aplicación muy util pues me permite tener en un sólo lugar y de manera protegida todas mi claves y accesos. Algo que destaco es que permite, en su última actualización, tener "tags" o categorías en las que puede uno organizar los accesos o credenciales. Esto hace que sea más fácil encontrar al interior de la aplicación los accesos según tu necesidad. En términos generales, es una herramienta fácil de usar y mantiene tu información ordenada.

Puntos en contra

No he logrado entender la relación que hay entre la APP y la páfgna web de 1password. Es decir, me parece que no es clara la integración entre 1password web y 1password app.

Alejandro T.
  • Industry: Marketing y publicidad

1password a good file, data and password manager

Revisado el 04-01-2022

1password is a good password and data manager it helps me a lot to organize all my passwords in categories and with labels, as well as adding users to my vault safely. But to be honest it is not worth its price, it has very great features and the functions it has leave a lot to be desired, plus the platform and the browser extension have a horrible design and the experience is bad, so I decided to switch to LastPass.
Personally, I need something more robust, with more functions, more secure and that adapts to my business and that of my clients.
If you need something simple 1password is what you are looking for.

Puntos a favor

What he likes best is that I can create private and shared vaults to view all files together or view them separately in each vault. The "watchtower" option shows me the general security level of the passwords and also generates a breach report, this is excellent to keep the data safe. Other aspects that I liked is that it can organize my passwords with labels and categories and that I can add users to my vaults or share or export passwords to other accounts and applications.

Puntos en contra

1password does not have free plans, all its plans are subscription-based. Also what I did not like is that you cannot save files, the mobile application has some errors to connect with Dropbox and also the vulnerable passwords are not changed automatically as in LastPass.

Razones para cambiar a 1Password

Lastpass has a lot more features, is more secure, and has plans to suit my needs.
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Why would you use anything else?

Revisado el 28-11-2021

Overall our experience has been great. Their support, via both email and Twitter, is top-notch. The UI is modern feeling and easy to navigate. The ability to share those required logins within our company is the most important part of this software, and it's the part that 1Password exceeds at.

Puntos a favor

The features and modern UI look of 1Password made this an easy choice. Vault management is a breeze, and setting up groups for each department with those vaults is easy. The built-in QR code scanner to set up MFA is a feature that is invaluable as it ensures an easy way for our employees to use this and make sure their accounts can be as safe as possible.

Puntos en contra

There is only one thing that is currently negative for us, and that is that there is no G Workspace integration. There is a SCIM bridge to help bridge between different directories, there is support for MS Active Directory, but there is not get any firm plans for G Workspace integration. While this is currently not deal-breaking, as we grow larger we may need to look at alternatives if this doesn't get on the roadmap.

Razones para elegir 1Password

Lastpass felt dated and it didn't feel like the updates they were making were useful to us or bringing the product up to a modern feel. 1Password was less buggy, has wider support across iOS apps and Web and just felt like a better product to use

• Industry: Servicios financieros
  • Company size: 1.001-5.000 empleados

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Formerly great, now annoying

Revisado el 09-12-2021

Puntos a favor

It generally works. It only crashes once every week or so.

Puntos en contra

1Password has turned into bloatware. Frequent updates break the app or force you to restart browsers, and the updates bring little actual improvement. The app is incredibly slow to open, slow to search, slow to fill in forms/passwords. It also gets more expensive every year for no reason. Vault management is a nightmare if you manage multiple vaults shared with different parties.

Aaron P.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 2.0 /10

Fantastic Password Management, but questionable business decisions make it impossible to...

Revisado el 20-10-2021

This is a difficult question to answer, as up until recently my overall experience with 1Password has been extremely positive. However, as a result of the questionable business decisions listed above, my experience has become increasingly soured. I simply cannot and will not recommend 1Password to anyone at this point.

Puntos a favor

1Password is hands down the best password manager on the market. It has an attractive interface, multiple sync options, a flexible password generator, and a plethora of features beyond simple password management - such as secure notes, the ability to store credit card and bank account info. In addition, it is fully cross platform, with clients for the Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and even Linux. Unfortunately, no matter how good 1Password is as a password manager, due to recent changes (see below), these Pros are largely moot.

Puntos en contra

AgileBits, the owner of 1Password, has made a number of very questionable decisions over the past couple of months, making it nearly impossible for me to recommend it, despite how good the software maybe. The long and short of it is a little over a year ago, AgileBits accepted a fair amount of venture capital money, and ever since their business model has changed drastically - going from a customer first model, to a profit over all else model. A short list of the questionable and user-hostile changes:
• Switching to Electron for future app development (for the record, Electron is a terrible user experience when compared to native apps).
• Removing standalone licenses and forcing all users to a subscription/software-as-a-service model.
• Forcing all users to store their passwords in the 1Password cloud, vs. previously being able to store your password locally, reducing the security of your passwords.
• Removing extremely important features from their clients without warning (specifically the iOS share sheet extension), and then dismissing user's frustrations about said removals.
• Completely tone-deaf developers (specifically in the [SENSITIVE CONTENT]), who seem to no longer understand or respect the 1P user base. The development team has become increasingly dismissive of user complaints/concerns of where 1P is heading.
• Finally, and most worrisome, AB has actively lied to its user base when claiming a change won't be made, and then making that change (or vice versa).

Keeper Business, LastPass y Bitwarden

Razones para cambiar a 1Password

I have been using 1Password for the better part of a decade, and have only recently started to look into alternatives. Unfortunately, with the direction 1Password is heading, it is extremely likely that I will be moving onto a new password manager. Given that I am heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, Apple's own password manger (iCloud Keychain) is a very attractive option. In addition, Bitwarden, while not as polished as 1Password, is far better priced with more options, including a self-hosting option, and is fully cross-platform. Minimalist Password Manager is relatively new on the market, but is well designed, with a good road map and very responsive developers - its biggest downside is it is macOS/iOS only. Finally, LastPass and Keeper are expensive and clunky to use.
Matej P.
  • Industry: Producción audiovisual
  • Company size: 1.001-5.000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de un año

• Probabilidad de recomendación 9.0 /10

Can't remember life before a password manager

Revisado el 12-12-2021

I have tried other password managers like LastPass, but the overall user experience with 1Password is the best. Sharing is easy, and 1Password never forgets a newly created password (like that sometimes happens with Apple's solution.

Puntos a favor

In a company, we share passwords for accounts we all use. Of all other solutions, 1 Password turned out to be the most user-friendly.

Puntos en contra

Unfortunately, it does not support smaller languages, which is one of the reasons not everybody is keen on starting using password managers other than those in browsers.

Razones para elegir 1Password

Firstly it was a matter of choice or opinion by a colleague. Since not a lot of people used Lastpass, switching to another tool was not an issue at all.

Razones para cambiar a 1Password

Overall experience and team vote.
Ross R.
  • Company size: 51-200 empleados

Essential Software to Manage Your Online Security

Revisado el 09-12-2021

Overall, it "Just Works" and I can rest assured that my passwords are secure and that I never have to know what any of them are (or even remember any of those pesky security questions).

Puntos a favor

It's great to never have to create or remember a password again! I simply generate and store them in 1password. If there's ever a security concern or I need to rotate the passwords, it's easy to do so without pain.

Puntos en contra

On an Android phone, the autocomplete sometimes has a bit of hesitation or doesn't find the right fields. Still, 1password is the most reliable password manager on Android that I've experiences after trying a few competitors. In fact, the quality of the Android integration is what made me switch from LastPass.

• Industry: Impresión
  • Company size: 51-200 empleados

1Password - Enterprise Use

Revisado el 28-11-2021

1Password has worked great for our company. We create random secure passwords generated by 1Password and are not worried about a data breach compromising everything. Password sharing is extremely important for admins and is made safe and secure through 1Password.

Puntos a favor

This software allows all of our users to securely create, store, and share passwords in a convenient and responsible way.

Puntos en contra

For less tech savvy users, this software can be difficult to navigate at times. Some users may have difficulty storing their secret phrase that opens their personal vaults.

LastPass y RoboForm

I'd be lost w/o it!

Revisado el 10-12-2021

I couldn't be happier with this software! I feel like my information is 100% safe and controlled only by me. I also love how it notifies me when websites that I have an account with have been breached. This gives me the opportunity to change my password for that website w/o waiting to hear about it on the news first.

Puntos a favor

I love almost everything about this software. I would honestly be lost w/o it! It will change your life in terms of not worrying about weak passwords and then trying to find or remember them later.

Puntos en contra

The 2FA for websites is awful. It will not show unless it is being prompted. For example, worked great on my phone, but it was not available on the desktop. I would not recommend using 2FA with this app. Stick with Authy or other similar apps for that part.

Peter B.
  • Industry: Medios de difusión

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

I for one, I Password for all!

Revisado el 08-12-2021

I'm still learning and haven't yet switched off keychain on Mac OS. So using both is clumsy and entirely my fault!
It takes time to trust the new boy although a year on I should get on with it! The product is well made and very well supported. Maybe the UI could be modernised as fonts and layout are understandably very American in style which can be a little stayed in appearance. But thats not a complaint - just observation.

Puntos a favor

Security and once installed ease of use. Customer support is generally swift and always solid and genuinely interested in my satisfaction that a snag is resolved.

Puntos en contra

The interplay with the free trial versions and and family sharing set up seems clunky and foxed me initially. Once sorted though the system is superb.

Angelique K.
  • Industry: Marketing y publicidad
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

1 Password is real value for money & use

Revisado el 23-11-2021

While we haven't implemented 1 Password for business use as yet the ease of use for individual use makes this the ideal software to use for a business and team setting where passwords need to be changed on a regular basis. For personal use, I find this software easy and great to ensure my personal passwords are safe and can be changed and managed easily.

Puntos a favor

The best feature about 1 Password is the ease of use when setting up and saving your passwords - it allows you to store all your passwords safely in one place and use them as you need in the day so your passwords can be varied and complex. It also allows you to have multiple vaults so you can separate your personal from work-related passwords.

Puntos en contra

I did find the initial set-up slightly more tedious on phone than on computer as the phone had to be entered more manually than the computer where you could just log in and out of the different site's passwords you want to be stored.

Tim M.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Researched and used other, 1Password is the best for me.

Revisado el 16-08-2021

I originally set up 1Password with out a lot of research. It was great except I wanted the ability to share individual records without having to create a separate vault for it. This lead me to doing more research when I started my own company and I settled on Keeper. I found that wile I initially thought Keeper was cheaper by the time I bought all the optional peaces it was the same or more expensive than 1Password and much more difficult to use (partial because of having more options). I did extensive searching and testing at this point and finaly went through the effort to switch back to 1Password. Save yourself the trouble, do your research on the front side, and/or just use 1Password, it's great.

Puntos a favor

My initial experience with one password comes from setting it up for a small/med. construction company. While security may be most important in a password app. usability is right next to it. A difficult to use app might as well not be rated for security because it won't be used. I found 1Password to be user friendly even with people who are the most unfriendly toward using a computer.
After useability:
-Shared Vaults (groups of passwords)
-Admin power and simplicity
-Guest access (in some packages) - this is the ability to share a vault with someone (client) for no additional charge and keep them separate from the rest of the organization (say you need access to some of there resources during a project)
-Integration of multiple accounts, I have a personal account (provided with my work account), a work account, and an account from a primary customer. When I sign in to my app I get access to these three authorized accounts with clear but convenient separation. Which comes back to, I use it because it's convinced and secure.

Puntos en contra

Read this as, my two feature requests, but if these are critical items for you, then be aware.
-Share single items, in 1Password all sharing is done by vault and over all this is a good thing but I'd like to have persons user credentials in a vault for that person but share just that item to a junior IT person. There are work arounds but that would be nice.
-Securely receive credentials as a one time event from an outside source. A reminder that the guest vault sharing I described above is outstanding it's overkill when you need to get a set of credentials from a client (or other source) and don't need to keep in in sync. I've seen this from a small solution. It sends a one time access url that is a form. After it is opened and closed it doesn't do anything anymore. If info is entered it creates and entry on my side.

These are small things I would like but I still chose 1Password over having those features.
If you must have them; Keeper has ability to share groups and individuals records - powerful but a little difficult
For the requesting feature look to to EliPass, I found this one feature great but the rest of the platform needs work.

Keeper Business, RoboForm, LastPass y Bitwarden

Razones para elegir 1Password

Usability and value (not the cheapest but good price points with great product)
Benjamin A.
  • Industry: Fotografía

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

The Best Password Keeper (and I've tried many)

Revisado el 24-06-2021

1password is great for individuals, but when it comes to teams, i keep track of my passwords i share in a spreadsheet. if anyone in my business were to leave, i generate a new password and share that with everyone except with the person that left. it keeps our passwords secure.

Puntos a favor

what i enjoy most is that this password keeper can keep all of my passwords synced between all of my devices and secure. I've tried dashlane, keeper, and lastpass and none were as easy to use as 1password

Puntos en contra

i don't like that they discontinued their one-time payment app. i bought 1password when it was $1.99 in the app store and had them ever since. the best $2 i ever spent

Darryl P.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Stop being dumb and disorganized, get 1Password for your business & family!

Revisado el 09-06-2021

Agilebits has really grown 1Password in the right direction. I've been with them for 10+ years and not only do they actually have support that respond, they even take the time to respond well. They could respond more quickly, but I'm not going to complain much about that, within 24 hours and a good response instead of 72 hours and a canned response... I'll take that any day!

Puntos a favor

1Password has evolved into a very nice software. Their Business Teams feature has been key in organizing our company virtually. Teaching staff why its so important to use random military grade passwords everywhere and never reusing the same password is key for any business that doesn't like to be hacked. People are pretty dumb when it comes to their passwords, 1Password, when used properly, sets the bar where it needs to be! Stop texting logins everywhere, use 1Password shared vaults to "transfer" a login or other sensitive data to a staff or family member! I've had my kids on it since age 3 with family vault so I can manage their logins, and teach them good practice on login management since day one.

Having access to all sensitive data on the go with the mobile app, priceless. Seriously, why are you still reading this GO BUY IT AND FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO USE IT!

Puntos en contra

I have nothing bad to say, which is strange for me, as I am a critical mind and almost always find something to complain about :) Oh I got one, my complaint is that NOT EVERYONE IS USING IT! Fix that Agilebits!

iCloud y LastPass

Razones para cambiar a 1Password

At the time I chose 1Password because they were standalone vaults that gave me full control over my own data and security. Now anymore, many choose LastPass for price, but I would never sacrifice all the features, support, ease of use, and security that 1pass has provided all these years. I have studied the cloud-based version of 1pass, was impressed with their white-paper on how the encryption works, and wouldn't trust anyone else with a cloud-based solution, ESPECIALLY NOT APPLE / iCLOUD!!!
Carl-erik K.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

This is a no-brainer: buy this for your business!

Revisado el 07-06-2021

This is the most secure, yet user-friendly, software solution available for password management in the enterprise. Screw LastPass, get thi. I can use it on any browser, I have it on all my phones, it has excellent 2FA abilities (got rid of both Microsoft and Google 2FA authenticators), etc.

Puntos a favor

Security and ease of use. So easy and great to administer.

Puntos en contra

I like pretty much everything, but for a long time I needed to have 2 1Password extensions installed. Both the "native" version that integrated with the desktop software and the web-only version, but now the web-only version has integration for the optional desktop software, so nowadays I have no complaints.

Razones para elegir 1Password

Poor security. Several breaches.

Kai L.

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Combining great design and great functionality. Easy to stay secure.

Revisado el 02-06-2021

Puntos a favor

I love the design. The software interface makes it a joy to use. Having the option to create multiple vaults for different areas of your life, and then enable or disable them based on the browser instance you're in is super handy for keeping logins seperate, but in the same account.

Another great feature is the in-built two factor authentication. When I log into an application, it fills in the 2FA along with the username and password and saves me a heap of time - without compromising my security.

Finally, the biometrics login (using your fingerprint, Face ID, Apple Watch etc.) to login to 1password is super handy. Makes for a quick and simple accessing experience.

Puntos en contra

Couple of things. I came from LastPass, which had two features I miss. Firstly, it's hard to share logins in 1password. It sorta forces you to either send a one-use clunky link via text or email, or setup a (paid) shared vault. LastPass just allowed you to invite someone and it would drop into their account.

The other thing is saving logins the first time you signup for account, or access an account you haven't saved yet. With LastPass, even after putting in your details, clicking sign up/sign in and landing on the next page of the website, a little popup in the corner would prompt you to Save the login. Super handy. However, with 1password, I have to physically click Save Login on one of the fields as I enter them before I sign in or otherwise it doesn't give me the option to save them. It's a small thing, but was a great, common sense feature that I do miss with 1password.

• Company size: 201-500 empleados

Life changing security management

Revisado el 01-06-2021

1Password leads the industry when it comes to password management. Beyond just storing login info, 1Password can secure arbitrary files/documents, text data, credit card info, Wi-Fi passwords, driver's licenses, passports, etc. Items can be organized into various vaults, some of which you can choose to share among members of your family or organization (depending on your plan) to easily keep shared passwords available to multiple users.

1Password integrates with just about every conceivable browser, and the extensions do their best to auto-fill login info automatically. Additionally, 1Password can store 2FA token generators for logins. After logging in, it can automatically paste the current code into the 2FA prompt, so it's about as easy as possible to have increased account security. Of course, whenever it copies data to the pasteboard automatically, it will restore the previous contents of the pasteboard shortly thereafter.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with 1Password. Yes, I had to go through a months long ordeal of transitioning my messy, insecure logins from Safari over to 1Password, which involved visiting every site and changing my passwords to use unique, randomly-generated secure passwords. But once I finally got everything organized, it has been effortless to keep all my logins, credit card, and even all my cryptocurrency info secured. The browser extensions and iOS integration make it effortless to log in about 95% of the time.

Puntos a favor

The Apple first-class citizens approach that 1Password employs means it's an incredibly polished and pleasant user experience on any Apple device, even though it's supported on Windows and Android as well. The design language instills confidence in the quality of the product as well, as does their industry-leading stance on security and data protection.

However, the single best feature in my mind is their world class customer support. Seriously, no other product I've ever used has the same level of support that 1Password offers. Whether you email them or tweet at them, you will receive a professional, personalized response extremely quickly, no matter whether you're asking a question or just leaving a compliment. Replies are offered using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, which may seem silly to point out, but when it comes to a product that you're trusting to secure your entire digital life, these factors go a long way to inspire trust that they take their product, business, and customers seriously.

Puntos en contra

It's hard to think of cons, honestly. Every con I can think of would usually involve some trivial nit pick which in no way affects the core experience. However, I'll list a few of them anyway.

1Password is a touch too opinionated when it comes to organizing fields, in my opinion. For some item types, 1Password mandates which fields appears, and those fields can't be moved around or deleted outright. If you leave them empty, they won't appear in the standard view, but still, someone OCD like me enjoys being able to exactly move things around. Perhaps more interesting is the fact that there are different restrictions on different platforms. On iOS, you can move some mandatory fields around that you can't on macOS. On Windows, text notes don't render Markdown whereas they do on macOS and iOS. On iOS, there doesn't appear to be a way to link related items, even though you can see already existing linked items if they were added on macOS.

Perhaps the biggest actual usability con for most people might be the desktop experience's information architecture. It can be confusing sometimes to figure out where you are. The navigation side bar might be hiding item categories which you have to reveal, or it may be confusing to know at a glance exactly what vault you are currently viewing. Every once in a while, I'll get a little lost in the navigation, which I suspect might be problematic for less tech savvy users.

Alain O.
  • Industry: Biotecnología

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Excellent product for rewarding good password hygiene with easier logins

Revisado el 28-05-2021

1Password is great to work with and their support team is responsive and honest. The product works smoothly and meets or exceeds our password management needs.

Puntos a favor

I really enjoy using 1Password. It is an integral part of my workflow. My colleagues have adopted it eagerly as well and it makes day to day logins into various systems much easier.

As an manager of a team of system administrators across security, cloud, and IT, one of the biggest wins 1Password gives me is a major reduction is password reset help tickets. That alone pays for the product.

Combine the user experience and reduction in workload with the awareness aspect of WatchTower and it makes 1Password an obvious choice for me and an easy recommendation for my peers in the industry.

Puntos en contra

As someone who has many accounts for the same service for different purposes, the lack of ability for the browser plugin to recognize which account is in the login form for auto-filling is a bit of a nuisance. Fixing this would be a major improvement to my workflow in the day.

Razones para cambiar a 1Password

Cleaner integration in the desktop across platforms and great mobile support. Overall 1Password is more polished than LastPass.
Kevin Y.
  • Company size: 501-1.000 empleados

Best Password Manager Available

Revisado el 21-05-2021

1Password is the best password manager available in my opinion. The way the app allows multiple ways to organize passwords (tagging, vaults, search, categories, and now archive!) is such a joy and it actually makes password management fun for me.

My history with the app has been a little confusing because of the way they've done versioning, but I'm willing to overlook that because of all the amazing features.

They also actually write real release notes when they push an update through the app store, which is such a breath of fresh air.

I've emailed their customer support multiple times and they've always been extremely helpful.

I like the 1Password community, and the fact that 1Password employees hop on there and help people out.

I've used LastPass for about a year or two, and I've trialed Dashlane, Bitwarden, and a bunch of others. I am a 1Password user 100% - the others frankly don't even come close.

Puntos a favor

The design, the organizational features, and the number of field options for each password entry.

Puntos en contra

The complexity of the 1Password App, 1Password browser extensions, 1Password X, 1Password 7, etc. - the versioning seems overly complex and a bit hard to understand. The history of it when they moved from a one time cost to monthly was a bit rough as well.

Stephen m B.

It Should Be Installed By Default

Revisado el 13-05-2021

Overall, this is a kick-ass product! You pay for it though so you expect that level of premium upgrades and security. At $36/yr it's a reasonable expense at about $0.75/week to keep all your data in one place, secured. Again, with all of the ways, they allow you to access your information they really provide the most flexibility possible while keeping your information safe.

Puntos a favor

I'm still waiting for the horrible headline - "1Password Hacked". Thankfully, that day hasn't come and hopefully never will. The software is easy to use in either browser extension or full-application mode. I was able to make all of my passwords random 8-16 characters and different for every service I use. I feel much more secure than I did just a few months ago. It's easy to access across many devices once authorized. I have it on my computers, phone, and even watch. It not only allows passwords but some payment information, so that pesky credit card number you can't remember is always at hand.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes, I think it has to do with the site's form submission, you are not prompted to save the password you just entered or created. In that case, if it was generated with 1P, you can pretty easily find it in your password list and add the site domain and username. In other cases, where you created the password, 1P does not know it and you do need to manually add it yourself. These scenarios are maybe every 1-in-10 sites you create an account on.

Razones para elegir 1Password

I tried LastPass for a little while. It seemed a little more confusing to me. I think there were more granular options, maybe, especially for groups, but I just found it a little more cumbersome to use.

Razones para cambiar a 1Password

I personally prefer the look, feel, and layout of 1Password. I have recommended both LastPass and 1Password to friends and family depending on their preferences - as long as their data is safe.

Ma favourite password manager

Revisado el 10-05-2021

I LOVE 1Password, and use it everyday, for both my personal and my team (120 ppl).
One other team feature I love is that with a business account every member get a free personal licence for their families. It encourages them to bring good password management habits to their homes, which is great!

Puntos a favor

First, everyone should use a password manager! It must be promoted to anyone using the internet at all.
Then, among the few serious choices available, it comes down to personal preference, usability, a few functionalities that may differ.
I personally selected 1Password for my team because of:
- ease of use (great UI, good extensions with Chrome etc., the Mac app is great too)
- user-friendly dashboard that makes the onboarding easy for new users. it was a key criteria for a team where you can met some pushback at first
- some nice features like the overview of risky passwords, potential leaks, etc.

Puntos en contra

Some team management features could be added, like a better overview of logs.
It would be great also to have a way to share logins 1-to-1 with another team member. I must be a design decision, but the alternative is creating a new vault shared with the co-worker, but you end up with hundreds of vaults which isn't ideal.

Dashlane for Business y LastPass
Nadia P.
  • Industry: Fotografía

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Best way to ensure strong, secure passwords across the board

Revisado el 29-04-2021

Very positive experience with 1Password in all the time I've used it. It's allowed me to really know and feel that my accounts are as safe as they can be, and much safer than the average person's. I like the idea of, at the very least, making myself a very difficult and undesirable target for account hacking because of this, and at most, making someone really have to work for it if they ever wanted to try to get into one of my accounts.

Puntos a favor

Before 1Password, I *know* that my accounts weren't nearly as safe. Maybe not safe at all. The fact is, there are SO many places that I have log-ins, and there is no way for me to remember unique, complicated passwords for the dozens and dozens of places I need them. The safest, most secure way to handle passwords is to have unique ones for every site (so if one site gets compromised, you don't inadvertently compromise every other site that you use that same password for). 1Password makes it actually possible for me to have strong passwords across the board in a way that I would NEVER be able to without this program.

Puntos en contra

It took me a while to figure out just how to properly use 1Password on the cloud, so that my passwords synced across devices. For a while, I had a situation where I'd have added a password to the app while using it on my phone and the password wouldn't sync to the app on my computer, for example. I did figure this out and ever since, things run smoothly. But it wasn't super intuitive. Also, for better or worse, I don't actually know most of the passwords that I have on all the sites I have log-ins *nervous laugh*. This is great because it means all my passwords are complicated and secure...but also potentially not great if I'm ever in a situation where I don't have access to 1Password, but need to get into an account. This hasn't happened yet (because I always have my phone with the 1Password app on it on me)...but I could definitely see this happening someday. Nothing a quick password reset probably wouldn't fix, but ugh.

Jakub H.
  • Industry: Diseño

• Probabilidad de recomendación 10.0 /10

Once you get used to it you never stop

Revisado el 23-04-2021

Great app with a set of features which the user finds userful only after some time using it. Like the Watchtower which gives you sort of warnings when there has been a breach in some services. Having th passwords saved somewhere else then the browser is im my opinion very practical and gives me confidance. As a skilled user I can sync my posswords over multiple machines even without using the cloud.

Puntos a favor

The application is fast and reliable. Passwords get stored securely and what mostly fascinates me is that the auto-fill feature really works all over the websites and it can be tweaked to work on local machines. Everything can be organized into folders and tagged. Finding a password is really easy.

Puntos en contra

The switch to the subscription model is understendable, but I did not like it in partiucular since I like my software licenced for a one-time fee.

Razones para elegir 1Password

The appl was bought by LogMeIn and since the company did not go well on theLogMeIn application I decided to look for something else.

Razones para cambiar a 1Password

Transparency over company ownership and jurisdictional location.
Bakari C.
  • Industry: Redacción y edición

Essential for Managing and Inputting Login Information

Revisado el 20-03-2021

I use 1Password on a daily basis — at least a half-dozen times a day. Unfortunately not all websites make it easy to create accounts, and sometimes you have to use more than one login for an account. So 1Password’s easy accessibility on my Mac makes it easier to manage logins and security information.

Puntos a favor

I have been using 1Password for about a decade now, and I prefer it over Apple's Keychain application, because 1Password allows me to easily access my logins from the menu bar of my Mac or in the toolbar of my Safari web browser.

1Password is very useful for creating complicated passwords, and I could trigger a keyboard shortcut to quickly input login information when it website requires it.

I also use 1Password for tagging and sorting important logins, particularly in in the case of an emergency in which my family needs to access those tagged logins for various purposes. I also store my credit card information, software licenses, and

1Password handles two-factor authentication for sites that allow it, and it enables me to quickly update login information when I change it on various sites.

1Password is a very stable program that is regularly updated along with new versions of Mac OS.

Several years ago I started making sure that each of my logins has a different and complicated password to prevent hacking. The name 1Password means exactly that. You only have to remember one password to access and input logins for any website.

Puntos en contra

I would like to see 1Password include some specific features for handling data after the user has passed away or in case of emergency. For example, it would be great to have a category in which users can write out step-by-step instructions for accessing specified documents and logins, and maybe even a way for specified people to access the application on behalf of the user.

1Password, the king of password management

Revisado el 13-02-2021

Overall, 1Password Business is the 1Password we know and love, but it's for business. Additionally, everyone gets a 1Password Families which is a fantastic value. Plus, their support is fast and helpful.

Puntos a favor

First of all, the base product (1Password Personal) that facilitates password management, is terrific. Everything is made as easy as it can be, without sacrificing even one bit of security. It's easy to use, relatively easy to introduce into your life and then you can't live without it.

The 1Password for Families is even better, because not only you can securely share passwords, but each member has its own private vault. This means that Families includes everything in Personal. So you can encourage safe password practices in your family (which reduces the support in the future) but you can also help them safely recover their password should they forget it, without you getting access.

Now, when it comes to 1Password for Business, it has all the things you could expect (access rights, group, provisioning etc.) and it's exceptionally good. And its biggest advantage: every user gets a free, separate 1Password Families account for their family.

Puntos en contra

The only drawback I can think of, is the occasional feature that the competition may have (for example, automatic changing of your weak passwords) which 1Password refuses to implement, unless there's a 100% safe way for them to do it.
So, they might miss one or two smaller features, but their security is absolutely uncompromising.

Dashlane for Business y LastPass

Razones para cambiar a 1Password

Ultimate security, top-notch UX, fantastic support.